Yes, you can listen to podcasts on a watch that supports audio playback and has podcast streaming applications installed.
So let’s take a closer look at the request
Yes, you can listen to podcasts on a watch that supports audio playback and has podcast streaming applications installed. The availability of this feature largely depends on the specific model and operating system of the watch. For instance, smartwatches running on popular platforms like Apple watchOS, Google Wear OS, and Samsung Tizen OS provide podcast streaming apps, making it possible to listen to podcasts directly on your wrist.
One notable example is the Apple Watch, which has a dedicated Podcasts app pre-installed. It allows users to stream their favorite podcasts directly from their wrists, making it a convenient option for on-the-go listening. The Apple Podcasts app syncs with your iPhone, so you can seamlessly access your subscribed shows, choose episodes, and control playback from your watch. Simply connect your AirPods or Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch, and you’re all set to enjoy a podcast directly on your wrist.
To add variety to this answer, here’s a quote from Casey Neistat, a well-known American YouTuber and podcaster:
“Podcasts are a really great way to consume and learn information, and being able to listen to them on-the-go from your watch makes it even more convenient and accessible.”
Interesting facts about listening to podcasts on a watch:
- Smartwatches with built-in cellular connectivity allow you to stream podcasts even when your phone is not nearby, giving you more freedom and flexibility.
- Some podcast streaming apps for watches provide offline listening options, allowing you to download episodes and listen to them later without an internet connection.
- Many podcast apps on smartwatches offer features like playback speed adjustment, episode bookmarking, and podcast discovery to enhance the listening experience.
- Watches with voice assistants like Apple Siri and Google Assistant can be used to search and play podcasts using voice commands, making the process hands-free and effortless.
- Popular podcast streaming services like Spotify, Pocket Casts, and Overcast have tailored their apps specifically for smartwatches, ensuring a seamless experience for podcast enthusiasts.
Here’s an example table listing some popular smartwatches and their compatibility with podcast streaming apps:
|Smartwatch Model||Compatible Podcast Apps|
|Apple Watch||Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts|
|Samsung Galaxy Watch||Spotify, Fliboard Radio|
|Google Pixel Watch||Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts|
|Fitbit Versa||Pandora, Deezer, Spotify|
In conclusion, many smartwatches nowadays support podcast streaming, and it’s a convenient way to enjoy your favorite shows on the go. Whether you prefer Apple, Samsung, Google, or other smartwatch brands, chances are there’s a podcast app available for your wrist companion.
Response to your question in video format
This video discusses the frustration of not being able to easily listen to podcasts on the Apple Watch. The host explains that currently, only music can be copied to the watch, but suggests a workaround by marking podcasts as music in iTunes and syncing them to the watch through a playlist. Third-party podcast apps do not currently support this feature. The host hopes that Apple will release their own podcast app for the watch in future updates. The video also mentions that audiobooks can be listened to on the watch using a similar method.
Further answers can be found here
When you add podcasts to your Apple Watch, you can listen to them wherever you go, even when you don’t have your iPhone with you. You can add podcast episodes to your Apple Watch using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, or add episodes directly on your Apple Watch.
Play podcasts stored on Apple Watch
- After you connect Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers, open the Podcasts app on your Apple Watch.
- Do any of the following. Turn the Digital Crown to scroll through the artwork, then tap a podcast to play it. Tap Library, tap Downloaded, then tap a podcast to play it.
More intriguing questions on the topic
- Open the Music, Podcasts, or Books app on your iPhone, then start playing a song, podcast, or audiobook.
- Open Now Playing on your Apple Watch and use its controls to play, pause, and more.
- Turn the Digital Crown to adjust volume.